Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Lots of New Stuff

So it's been a little over two months since I've blogged, mainly because I had been out of poker for a little bit. Even last month when I was back to 10nl, for some reason I decided not to, but I'd like to get it back up again. I'm hoping some of you who read before will come back and continue to read here. I'm going to have tons of stuff about poker, obviously, as well as my new career and some personal life stuff.

Here are my goals for August:
1. 8 tables max, preferably 6 during sessions. Although it takes much longer, I'd really like to hit my hand goal without playing like a robot. I've found that my play is drastically better with the tables cut. I've learned from others that improving your play is much more important than "x" number of hands/month. I also don't think there's anyway I'll become a better player and be able to move up from 10nl without really concentrating on less tables.
2. Clear the bonus. This should take a little less than 24k hands.
3. May be affected by #2, move to 25nl by the end of the month. By clearing the bonus, I wouldn't need a huge month to move up.

Many of you know I am starting a new job in the fall. I took the final certification exam last week, so pending I get a passing result from that, I am officially hired, as per my final interview from a few weeks ago. I will be teaching high school and middle school choral, as well as a Music in our Lives class. I am meeting with some people this month to start getting introduced to the school, paperwork, and all that good stuff. Not only is this an awesome job, but I am going to making a paycheck that should get me out and own my own within a year!

Lastly, I'm also going to talk about some other goals in here. For those of you that don't know, I was an athlete in high school, and during my junior year of college got serious about weight lifting. During that time, I made some huge changes to my lifestyle and made awesome gains, which have stuck with me. Unfortunately, for about the last 6 months or so, I've been hitting the gym regularly, but am not satisfied with the way things are going. I'm attempting a body transformation that is based around a whole new diet, and a little different of a workout. I'm trying a bulking phase for the nexct 5-6 months, followed by a cutting phase after. The main thing here is: Protein, protein, protein. I have always been a huge lover of chicken, steaks, pork, ect., but trying to get this 1/2 cup of cottage cheese down is very difficult. Many of the foods I am supposed to be eating aren't responding well, so I'm going to use this first week to try to get my body used to them, a little at a time.

That's all for now. Hope many of you old friends and some of my new ones will check in here to see my life progress. Now to the grind!

2 comments:

Benjamin P. Lemly said...

Nice post man. You're right about where I am now. Hoping to make 25nl this month as well. Oh and sweet about the job :D

Amatay said...

Nice blog mate! Link swap???