Wednesday, April 1, 2009

March Results/April Goals

Unfortunately, my March results are going to be summed up very quickly. I was incredibly busy with student teaching and things changed poker wise for me. I played only 12k hands, while retaining Silver status on Stars. I played break-even poker for ~10k hands and lost about a buy-in at the very end. I also had decent live results, totaling $175 in profit. For the second half of the month, I started getting into HU SNG's and had the following results at two levels:

$6.25
47 wins in 69 games
#132.25 in profit
30.78 ROI

$11.50
21 wins in 35 games
$59.5 in profit
14.78 ROI

I'm not even going to re-post the goals I set for last month, because I failed miserably. The good news is, I found another form of poker which I have skill in and is becoming very profitable for me. I've decided to continue playing HU SNGS for the entire month of April. My goal is 100 games/week, for a total of 400 games, with maybe a few extra in the last couple days of the month. I was shooting for a 70% winrate last month, but am settling on 65% for April. This would mean a weekly profit of ~$280, which would make for a +$1K month.
I've been using recording software and making videos of multiple HU sessions. I always make them with the idea that I may show them to others, talking myself through every hand and decision. Now, I am completely over-rolled for the $11.50's but I am going to try playing a large volume of these while I continue to get comfortable. I was very settled at the $6.25's and felt nervous starting the $11.50's but now they're simple. I'm not going to post huge plans for the months to come, but I think I may have found a form of poker that suits me and is very profitable.


Soooooooooooooooo, as far as April goes:

1. 100 HU SNGs/week, and 400 for the month. These will most likely be at the $11.50 level, unless I decide to give the $23's a shot.
2. 65% Winrate, 24.35 ROI.
3. Post more on CC. This month I strayed away from the forum and was just reading tons on CC and 2p2 for entertainment purposes. I really want to get back into the poker mindset that I was in when 2009 started.
4. Update your damn blog more. I want to make this more interesting with pictures, HH's, ect. to make some of the guys from the forum actually hold some interest in seeing what I'm up to.

I'm working on getting tracking software atm. I also have Spring break in a couple of weeks, so I should be able to reach my goals for the month. I'm also trying to turn the phrase "Let me run good" into "Let me play solid poker". So, let's do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seems like HU is treating u well.
Are you just going to play HU SNG or some ring HU aswell?

Oh and please post some of thouse videos on CC, i would love to see them.

Jurn8 said...

Nice Shrog, hope you have a good April buddy.

Hope we can grind it out together, even if your a HU player now dude.
Jake